We speak to so many people that are severely intimidated by the gym or even working out in front of people. From the many conversations we have had this is due to:
- Being extremely self conscious
- The feeling of being judged
- Unsure if they are doing things properly
- Not comfortable in their own skin
- Previous situations that were unpleasant
This is so sad because fitness should be a part of everyone’s life. It really changes the quality of our lives and allows us to do so many things we love for a very long time. We hate that so many people miss out on this benefit.
What can we do in these situations?
- Ask for help- This is the quickest way to get started. If we don’t ask, we won’t know what to do or it will take so much longer. A quick conversation with a professional can point you in the right direction right away.
- Private or Personal Training- Private training is usually just you and your trainer. A good trainer will never make you feel judged and should be comforting, supportive, and motivating. This allows you to relax and enjoy the process of working out.
- Workout at home- Just because you are nervous to train in front of people doesn’t mean you can’t workout alone. If you stay consistent at home this will allow you to build up strength and confidence to eventually try new things like a class or a new gym.
- FInd an accountability buddy- sometimes having a good friend by your side will give you enough comfort to try something new.
- Educate yourself- There’s plenty of information out there about health and fitness. Knowledge is power and definitely helps with confidence. Downfall here, a lot of info can be false, so again asking a professional is always the best bet.
We only get one life to live. Don’t waste time. Ask for help and start moving today. The perfect time doesn’t exist and if we continue to wait for it, life will pass us by.
Click HERE to talk to one of our amazing Coaches.